Wednesday 18 April 2012

March Spotlight winners


It's time to showcase our March Spotlight winners. There were so many wonderful entries last month and you seemed to love our Springtime theme, so it's no surprise that the DT had a tough job coming down to just two and we want to say a huge thank you to each and every one of you for joining in and who knows, you could be in the Spotlight next month.

So here are the two lucky Spotlight winners and below each winning entry a little bit each have written about their crafting journey........................

Links removed to comply with GDPR

Maddy
Thoughts of the DT: "such a lot of thought and work has gone into this"
.........."unique design and beautiful colour palette"

"Hi, I’ve been interested in crafting ever since my greatgrandmother taught me how to crochet when I was a little girl. Since then, I’ve learned embroidery, knitting, sewing, cross-stitch, and more recently have been completely addicted to papercrafting.  I like most styles but particularly vintage, steampunk and novel card designs. I love making dimensional cards, and I’m always looking to create a “Wow” factor in my designs. My favourite techniques involve using plenty of inks and stamping, with Perfect Pearls and unusual embellishments. I enjoy taking part in the online forums and have made some really good friends in the crafting community. There are some terrific people out there!"

Cath
Thoughts of the DT "stunning colours and blending"
........"beautiful fusion of colours"
spring flowers

"Hello!  What a lovely surprise to be chosen for the Spotlight - thank you so much to the team for choosing me. My name is Cath Wilson. I've been stamping for about 13 years, now and am a self-confessed stampaholic.  I love colour and all things inky, but I like to experiment with any medium and love techniques of most kinds.

Although my taste In stamps is very mixed, I LOVE Penny Black flowers and words and use them over and over again.  They’re so easy to use and make great CAS cards.  My favourite way to use them is with Tombow pens on glossy card – super quick, simple and elegant - but I also like to use them in journals and other projects, without any complicated colouring."

Well done to you both, don't forget to pick up our In the Spotlight sidebar button and display on your own blogs.

You seem to be enjoying our Oh so Cute theme this month, if you have not already joined in or want to join in again there is still ten days to go until the challenge ends.

2 comments:

susiestacey said...

Well done ladies, such inspiration in both cards x Susan x

Ellibelle said...

Congrats to both of you! You do amazing work!! Can't wait to see what you will create for our following challenges!